So you have decided you want to start a blog but do not want to make the initial investment. You want to start a blog for free on blogger and earn money?
It is possible to create a free blog and monetize it.
Here I am sharing a step-by-step guide to start a blog on blogger and earn money with pictures.
How to start a blog for free?
Go on google and search the blogger and click on the first link.
2.sign into the Google account
To create a free blog on blogger you need a Gmail account. If you don’t have a Google account then you can make it for free on Gmail.
3. choose a display name
It is the name that your readers will see when they view your post. It is not necessary to choose your real name as a display name, if you want privacy then you can choose any name.
4.create a new blog
Now a new page will open. The next step is to click on to create a new blog
It is a very important step to create a blog. The title of a blog is the name of your blog.choose your blog title very wisely because in the future you can make your blog title as your brand name.
Tips for blog title:-
- Your blog title should be short, easy to spell and easy to remember.
- Do not use a number or special character in the blog title
- Choose blog title similar to the domain name (read next step to know about domain name)
- Do not use the existing brand name as your blog title
Also Read:- How to Make Money During Coronavirus.
6. Choose domain name
A domain name is the address of your blog. Your readers can come to your blog by typing the domain name into the browser search bar.each website and blog have a unique domain name.
For example:- For my blog the domain name is richestnerd.com.
Below title type the domain name for your blog.here you can see the domain name example.blogspot.com is not available, it means someone already had taken this domain name, so I have to choose another domain name.
As you can see the examplerichestnerd.blogspot.com domain name is available, so I choose it as my blog address.
- This is a Tutorial blog, so I have not taken the blog title and domain the same but you do not do this mistake. Choose the same title and domain.
- When you create a free blog on any platform, you don’t get a domain name, you get subdomain name like for blogger your subdomain is examplerichestnerd.blogspot.com, which we are saying domain name. In your blog (.blogspot.com) is a subdomain but you can change it to examplerichestnerd.com, for which you have to pay but do not pay right now as we are making a free blog.
7.choose the blog theme
Blog theme is the design of your blog.it decides how your blog will look to your readers.blogger have many free themes.you can choose any one of them. Here I am choosing Notable theme. After choosing theme of your blog click on create a blog.
If you can’t decide which ones to choose then no problem, choose any theme.you can change the theme of your blog later.
8.subdomain or domain
Now you will see a popup where google suggests you buy a domain name.it depends upon your choice whether you want to buy a domain name or to go with subdomain.
I suggest you do not buy a domain name as we are making a free blog and the price of the domain name by google is quite high.so cancel it and click on no thanks.
9.blog is ready
Congrats you have created your blog for free and you are ready to publish a blog post and earn money.
10.publish a new blog post
Congrats for having a blog but by just creating a blog, you can’t earn money. For making money from the blog you have to write and publish a blog post. For a new post click on create a new post.
Now a new page will open like where you can write and publish Blog. Blogger provides you many tools to write a beautiful blog post.
Like you can add an image to your blog post or you can add links to your blog post or you can bold the specific test.
So your blog post is ready.it’s time to publish it.
Do not take stress.
For publishing your Blog post you don’t have to call to google and tell them “hey google” I have a blog post and I want to publish it.CAN you publish it for me?
For publishing your Blog post you just have to click on publish and done. Your blog post is published and live on goggle.
12. Make Money from a Blog
Ok! So you now have a blog and have published your first post. But what about earning.
Here is the solution.
There are many ways to make money blogging but I recommend you to first apply for AdSense.
AdSense is a simple way to earn money by placing ads on your website.whenever your reader views or click on ads, you earn money. More people view ads, the more money you earn.
For applying an AdSense click on earning and you will see the page like the below picture.
You are a new blogger that is why your blog is not qualified for AdSense.
Do not worry because qualifying for AdSense is not that much hard.
How to get Google AdSense approval?
- Publish one post regularly.
- Write original content(do not copy content from another website).
- Each post should have a minimum of 1000 words.
- Your blog should have a minimum of 30 posts.
If you fulfill these criteria then your blog will qualify for Google AdSense and you can place ads on your blog.
Note:- Your earning from blog depends upon the amount of traffic you get, so try to publish content with quality and in quantity.
Pros and cons of free blog
It is possible to start a free blog on blogger and earn money but free blog comes with some pros and cons.here it is:-
- You will pay not a single penny to start a blog on blogger but you can earn hundreds or thousands of penny.
- It is very simple to start a free blog on Blogger and you don’t need any technical knowledge
- AdSense approval on bloggers is easier than a self-hosted blog.
- You are not the owner of your blog.blogger is a product of google it means google can shut down Blogger any time like google shut down the Google +.
- You have limited SEO optimization options.
- There is no plugin(plugins are the software to extend the feature of the program) for the blogger platform.
If you want to be a blogger but do not want to make initial investment than definitely you should go for blogger and start your free blog but whenever you get your first payment from Google AdSense then it will be wise decision to invest this money to migrate your blog on WordPress (WordPress has a lot of features compare to blogger).
This initial investment and hard work can give you a huge return.
SUBSCRIBE TO The RICHEST NERD FOR UPCOMING POST